Siggraph is a mega conference of CG, animation, gaming, technology, filmmakers, and academics … one may even call it the “geek-mecca.” Siggraph 2013 wrapped just a few short weeks ago, and it was one of the best yet. This year’s conference included many highlights for animators and visual effects artists. The Distinguished Animation Directors Panel featured animation celebs: Pete Docter, Eric Goldberg, Henry Selick, and Chris Sanders. SolidAngle’s Arnold Renderer is the “it” renderer these days.
And, Bobby Beck, our very own CEO and former Pixar Animator, gave a presentation on Animating Believable Characters. Above features an excerpt of the presentation. The entire video presentation is available exclusively for Animation Mentor students. The list of topics includes:
- How to bring your unique voice into animation.
- Creating a memorable character performance.
- How to find inspiration within video reference and method acting.
- The questions to ask to generate a backstory.
- The breakdown and essentials of planning your shot.